2018年4月18日水曜日

BURROUGHS WITH MUSIC (39) SPARE ASS ANNIE AND OTHER TALES-その3

引き続き

William S. Burroughs/SPARE ASS ANNIE AND OTHER TALES [Island/Red Label] release.1993


Art Direction & Design : David Calderly

------------------------------------------

William S. Burroughs (vo, words), The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy (music), Ralph Carney (ts)
03. Interlude 2 (This Is Insane)

DHHのnoiseとRalph Carneyのtsに乗って、Burroughsが一言。内容はアドリブ。

This is insane.
これは狂ってる。

確かに前曲02もこの後の04も狂ってる。

===========================================

William S. Burroughs (vo, words), The Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy (music), Ralph Carney (ts)
04. The Last Words of Dutch Schultz (This Is Insane)

Jazzっぽい4 beat。Ralph Carneyは、Bill Laswell/BASELINES [Celluloid/OAO] release.1983 で名前を見たな。管楽器を中心とするmulti-instrumentalist(注)。

(注)
Ralph Carneyは2017/12/18に亡くなりました。記事を見て、結構多彩な活動していたことを知ったよ。

・Billboard > NEWS > ROCK > Gil Kaufman/Ralph Carney Dies at 61(12/18/2017)
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8070870/ralph-carney-dies-61

------------------------------------------

This is insane.

That is what caused the trouble. Look out. Please let me up. If you do this, you can go on and jump right here in the lake.

I know who they are. They are French people. All right. Look out, look out. Oh, my memory is gone

Oh, this is insane. Oh, this is insane.

He changed for the worse. Please look out; my fortunes have changed and come back and went back since that. It was desperate. I am wobbly. You ain't got nothing on him but you got it on his helper.

(Control yourself.)

Oh, this is insane. Oh, this is insane...

Then pull me out. I am half crazy. They won't let me get up. They dyed my shoes. Open those shoes. Give me something. I am so sick. Give me some water, the only thing that I want

But I am dying
Oh, this is insane. Oh, this is insane...
But I am dying
(No you're not)
Oh, this is insane. Oh, this is insane...
But I am dying
(No you're not)
But I am dying
(No you're not)
But I am dying
(No you're not)

from William S. Burroughs (1975) THE LAST WORDS OF DUTCH SCHULTZ : A FICTION IN THE FORM OF A FILM SCRIPT. Viking Press, NYC.

引用元:
・Genius > ALL ARTISTS > W > William S. Burroughs > The Last Words of Dutch Schultz (as of 2017/11/23)
https://genius.com/William-s-burroughs-the-last-words-of-dutch-schultz-annotated

------------------------------------------

わけのわからん前衛詩といった感じ。それもそのはず。

Dutch Schultz(1902-35)は、USAのギャング。ギャング同士の抗争で銃撃され、その死の直前のうわごとが調書として記録されている。

Burroughsはこれを敷衍し、架空の映画シナリオとして、小説にしたもの。Dutch Schultzが見ている思い出の夢という設定で、Schultzの生涯をたどる形をとる。かなり断片的ではあるが。

悪夢・うわごとなので、わけがわからないのも当然。さらに上記詞は、この小説からところどころpick-upしたものなので、一層断片的となり、ますますわけがわからない。

しかし、こういったテーマを小説にしてしまうのがさすがBurroughsだ。

参考:
・ウィキペディア > ダッチ・シュルツ 最期のことば(最終更新 2016年9月11日 (日) 08:20)
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%80%E3%83%83%E3%83%81%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A5%E3%83%AB%E3%83%84_%E6%9C%80%E6%9C%9F%E3%81%AE%E3%81%93%E3%81%A8%E3%81%B0
・ウィキペディア > ダッチ・シュルツ(最終更新 2017年6月21日 (水) 12:47)
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ダッチ・シュルツ

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿