2018年6月7日木曜日

BURROUGHS WITH MUSIC (60) LET ME HANG YOU-その10

引き続き

William S. Burroughs/LET ME HANG YOU [Khannibalism] release 2016


Artworks : Michael Eaton & A.A. Khan

------------------------------------------

ここで引用するTHE NAKED LUNCH/『裸のランチ』の版は、

・William Burroughs (2001) NAKED LUNCH : THE RESTORED TEXT. vii+289pp. Grove Press, NYC. 
← Original : (1959) THE NAKED LUNCH (The Traveller's Companion Series, no.76). Olympia Press, Paris.
・W・バロウズ・著, 鮎川信夫・訳 (2003.8) 『裸のランチ』(河出文庫). 373pp. 河出書房新社, 
← 原版 : (1965.9) (人間の文学19). 河出書房新社, 東京.

------------------------------------------

William S. Burroughs (vo, words), King Khan (g, b, ds) (推定)
11. Clem Snide the Private Asshole

爽快なRock' n' Roll。g(複数)もbもdsも全部、おそらくKing Khanの多重録音だろう。

------------------------------------------

Another installment in the adventures of Clem Snide the Private Ass Hole: "So I walk in the joint, and this female hustler sit at the bar, and I think, 'Oh God you're poule de luxe already.' I mean it's like I see the gash before. So I don't pay her no mind at first, then I dig she is rubbing her legs together and working her feet up behind her head shoves it down to give herself a douche job with a gadget sticks out of her nose the way a body can't help but notice."

Iris -- half Chinese and half Negro -- addicted to dihydro-oxy-heroin -- takes a shot every fifteen minutes to which end she leaves droppers and needles sticking out all over her. The needles rust in her dry flesh, which, here and there, has grown completely over a joint to form a smooth green brown wen. On the table in front of her is a samovar of tea and a twenty-pound hamper of brown sugar. No one has ever seen her eat anything else. It is only just before a shot that she hears what anyone says or talks herself. Then she makes some flat, factual statement relative to her own person.

"My asshole is occluding."

"My cunt got terrible green juices."

Iris is one of Benway's projects. "The human body can run on sugar alone, God damn it.... I am aware that certain of my learned colleagues, who are attempting to belittle my genius work, claim that I put vitamins and proteins into Iris's sugar clandestinely.... I challenge these nameless assholes to crawl up out of their latrines and run a spot analysis on Iris's sugar and her tea. Iris is a wholesome American cunt. I deny categorically that she nourishes herself on semen. And let me take this opportunity to state that I am a reputable scientist, not a charlatan, a lunatic, or a pretended worker of miracles.... I never claimed that Iris could subsist exclusive on photosynthesis.... I did not say she could breathe in carbon dioxide and give off oxygen -- I confess I have been tempted to experiment being of course restrained by my medical ethics.... In short, the vile slanders of my creeping opponents will inevitably fall back onto them and come to roost like a homing stool pigeon."

from NAKED LUNCH, pp.100-101

私立探偵クレム・スナイドの冒険がまた一つ。「そこでこのショバに入ると、バーに娼婦がすわっていて、おれは思ったね『神よ、おまえ、さっそく高級娼婦になっちまったか』って。つまり、その女を前に見かけたような感じだったわけ。だから最初は気にもとめなかったんだけど、そのうち気がつくと女が足をこすりあわせてて、足を頭の後ろにまわして、それを引き下ろして灌腸をはじめて、それが鼻の穴から飛び出してどうしてもそっちを見てしまうんだよ」

アイリス---ジヒドロオキシ・ヘロイン中毒の中国人とニグロの混血女---は十五分ごとに注射を打ち、打ち終わるたびに注射器をそのままにしておくので、身体じゅうに注射器がささっている。注射針は彼女のひからびた肉の中でさびつき、あちこちの肉が関節の上にふくれあがって、すべすべした緑褐色のこぶになっている。彼女の目の前のテーブルの上には、紅茶のはいったサモワールと二十ポンドの赤砂糖のかごがある。彼女が赤砂糖以外のものを食べるのを見た者はいない。他人の言葉が耳に入ったり、自分ひとりでしゃべったりするのは、注射を打つ直前だけだ。そして、彼女は自分の身体に関する何かあからさまな事実を申し立てる。

「お尻の穴がつまっているわ」

「カントからひどい緑色の水が出るのよ」

アイリスはベンウェイの研究課題の一つだ。「人間の身体が砂糖だけで生きていけることは、はっきりしている・・・ 私の天才的な仕事にけちをつけようとしている同業の学者たちの中には私がアイリスの砂糖の中にこっそりビタミンや蛋白質を入れたと主張している連中がいることはわかっている・・・ こういうなんとも言いようのない間抜けどもには、ぜひとも便所からはい出して、アイリスの砂糖と紅茶を現場分析することを要求する。アイリスは健全なアメリカ女だ。彼女は精液から養分をとるようなまねは絶対にしていないのだ。また、この機会にはっきり言っておこう---私はりっぱな科学者なのだ。にせ医者や気ちがいではないし、奇跡を行うふりをしているわけでもない・・・ 私はアイリスが光合成だけで生きてゆけるなどとはけっして言わなかったし・・・ 炭酸ガスを吸いこんで酸素を吐き出すことができるとも言わなかった---実を言えば、実験の誘惑にかられて、もちろん私の医学的倫理に制止されたものはあったが・・・ 要するに、私の卑怯な敵対者たちの下劣な中傷は、かならずや伝書バトのように彼ら自身の上に舞いもどり腰を据えることになるだろう」

from 『裸のランチ』, pp.168-170

------------------------------------------

嫌な野郎(Ass Hole)の私立探偵Clem Snideの独白から、いきなりDr. Benwayの疑似科学的主張に変わる。Clem Snideはどこに行ったんだよ・・・。

Irisの奇怪なイメージは、Junkyが見ているものだろう。Tangir時代のBuroughsはまさにこんな感じだったに違いない。

なお、私立探偵Clem Snideは、のちに、(1981) CITIES OF THE RED NIGHT で主役をはることになる。

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿